Chidi Enyia, Founder/Owner, Enyia Performance
Private Coach/Consultant, ALTIS- Assistant Coach
Chidi Enyia is in his 23rd year coaching and currently the Founder/Owner of Enyia Performance, LLC providing coaching and consulting services for athletes and organizations of all levels across a wide variety of sports. Before arriving in Phoenix, he spent 5 years (one as volunteer and 4 as Men’s & Women’s sprints, hurdles and relays coach) at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, Illinois. Prior to that he was the Boy’s & Girl’s sprints, relays and jumps coach at Lincoln-Way East High School in Frankfort, IL and the Founder/Head Coach for USATF/AAU-affiliated Flight Track Club coaching all sprints, hurdles, relays, horizontal jumps and mid distance events. Enyia obtained a BSc in General Art from Illinois State University and a MSEd in Kinesiology/Exercise Science with a research focus on Post-Activation Potentiation from Southern Illinois University, Carbondale.
- Chidi’s background in team sports and track and field as an athlete and coach
- Components of the track and field technical model, acceleration and max velocity
- Pattern recognition across sports, unifying factors/qualities/positions
- The continuum between acceleration and max velocity
- Does acceleration need to be coached differently for team sports athletes
- Max velocity work for team sports athletes, speed reserve, speed specificity
- The utility of running-based drills
- Accounting for change of direction work
- “Conditioning” with a speed bias
Links of Interest:
Like this article? You’ll love our free training program (sign up below) & our Movement Foundations Online Course.