Mladen Jovanovic on the Resilient Performance Podcast
Mladen Javonovic is a physical preparation coach from Belgrade, Serbia. He has held positions as a strength and conditioning coach and data scientist for Port Adelaid Football Club in Australia and as a football physiologist for Aspire Academy in Qatar. He is currently completing his PhD in Sports Science at the University of Belgrade.
- How Machiavelli’s “The Prince” influenced Mladen’s coaching philosophy
- Other philosophy-based books that have influenced Mladen’s approach to physical preparation
- How Mladen determines when to prioritize macro level concepts vs. micro level ones to audit himself as a coach
- How Mladen reconciles his respect for modeling, statistics, and data with his skepticism of scienticism and blind faith in quantification
- Mladen’s thoughts on “injury prevention”
- Explanatory vs. predictive statistical modeling
- What evidenced based practice really is
- Statistics resources for non-researchers
Links of Interest:
- Mladen’s website
- Mladen’s Twitter
- Uncertainty, Heuristics, and Injury Prediction
- Risk Savvy
- Data Smart
- Model Thinker
Subscribe to the Resilient newsletter
Freebies and exclusive promos!
We won't share your info. Unsubscribe at any time.