Jason Brezler on the Resilient Performance Podcast
Jason Brezler is the Founder and President of Leadership Under Fire. He has specialized in leadership development, character development and optimal human performance for over 10 years and frequently addresses leaders and organizations across North America. He calls upon his extensive operational experience in Iraq, Afghanistan and New York City as he prepares leaders from public safety organizations, business corporations, athletic teams and academic institutions to perform at their best. Jason serves as a FDNY Special Operations Firefighter in Rescue Company 2 in Brooklyn, NY. Prior to becoming a firefighter and creating the Leadership Under Fire Team, Jason began his career as an officer in the U.S. Marine Corps. He has led Marines on several deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan where he was decorated for his combat service and continues to serve as a Major in the Marine Corps Reserves. Jason received a Master's of Science from Oklahoma State University and a 2nd Bachelor's of Science from the University of Maryland. He completed his undergraduate degree at the United States Naval Academy where he also played Division 1 baseball for the Midshipmen.
- The responsibilities of a Civil Affairs Officer in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Determining how to trust people through an interpreter/developing a survival instinct
- The balance between aggressiveness and "soft skills" in modern warfare
- Afghanistan/Iraq After Action Review- how Jason would have prepared for his deployments in retrospect
- Jason's transition to the FDNY- primary similarities/differences to the Marine Corps in terms of the performance/leadership model
- The low hanging performance fruit Jason encounters in many organizations
- Why an ethical framework is important when it comes to leadership and mission success
- Is the officer/enlisted distinction in the military still relevant
- The downside to mission commitment
- Jason's performance consulting group, Leadership Under Fire
Links of Interest:
Freebies and exclusive promos!
We won't share your info. Unsubscribe at any time.