Jack Murphy on the Resilient Performance Podcast
Jack Murphy is an eight year Army Special Operations veteran who served as a Sniper and Team Leader in 3rd Ranger Battalion and as a Senior Weapons Sergeant on a Military Free Fall team in 5th Special Forces Group. Having left the military in 2010, he graduated from Columbia with a BA in political science. Murphy is the author of Reflexive Fire, Target Deck, Direct Action, and numerous non-fiction articles about Weapons, Tactics, Special Operations, Terrorism, and Counter-Terrorism. He has appeared in documentaries, national television, and syndicated radio.
Topics Covered Include:
- What makes the Special Forces mission unique
- What is SOFREP and what was the impetus for starting it? Balancing transparency and operational security.
- Avoiding identity politics and why the military shouldn't be exempt from scrutiny
- Discrepancy between mainstream media reports of special operations missions and the reality on the ground
- Maintaining a sense of purpose at the tactical level in the face of strategic ambiguity
- The downside of messing with stability
- How Iraq and Afghanistan differ strategically and politically
Links of Interest:
Freebies and exclusive promos!
We won't share your info. Unsubscribe at any time.