Dr. Fergus Connolly on the Resilient Performance Podcast
Dr. Fergus Connolly is the Performance Director for University of Michigan Football. Prior to joining UM, Connolly spent two seasons with the San Francisco 49ers as Director of Elite Performance. Connolly has also worked as a performance consultant for the Jacksonville Jaguars, Cleveland Browns, New York Knicks, and multiple English Premier League, Australian Rules, and professional rugby teams. He also served as sports science director with the Welsh Rugby Union and was Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Bolton Wanderers FC.
- Has sports science delivered on its promises
- The false equivalence between science and technology
- Limitations of physiological metrics in team sports
- Why it's better to be a settler than a pioneer
- Manipulating space and meneuver
- Adaptive reserve, functional capacity, and recovery
- Limitations of traditional peaking models in team sports
- How coaches can promote self-discovery
- Fergus' personal experience with Colin Kaepernick
Links of Interest:
Freebies and exclusive promos!
We won't share your info. Unsubscribe at any time.