Dr. Antony Davies on the Resilient Performance Podcast
Dr. Antony Davies is associate professor of economics at Duquesne University. Dr. Davies authors monthly columns on economics and public policy for the Philadelphia Inquirer and U.S. News & World Report, and co-hosts Words and Numbers, a weekly podcast on economics and policy. He has written over 300 op-eds for, among others, the Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, New York Daily News, Washington Post, and Huffington Post. In addition to his academic work, Dr. Davies was Associate Producer at the Moving Pictures Institute, Chief Financial Officer at Parabon Computation, founded several technology companies, and is co-founder and Chief Academic Officer at FreedomTrust, a non-profit educational institution. Dr. Davies earned his B.S. in Economics from Saint Vincent College, and Ph.D. in Economics from the State University of New York at Albany.
Topics Covered Include:
- Is health care a right or a service? Does it matter?
- What metrics are most representative of quality health care
- Conflating health care, health insurance, and employment
- Lack of price transparency in health care
- What services should health insurance reasonably cover?
- Market driven health care and the welfare state
- Medical licensing, scope of practice, and supply restriction
- Transitioning to a less regulated system
Links of Interest:
- Antony's Website
- Antony's Twitter
- Related Words & Numbers Podcast Episode
- After the ACA: Freeing the market for health care (Published Article)
Freebies and exclusive promos!
We won't share your info. Unsubscribe at any time.