Dave Durante on the Resilient Performance Podcast
Dave Durante is a multiple time USA Gymnastics national champion and was part of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Team as an alternate. After retiring from competition, David helped coach his alma mater, Stanford University, to an NCAA Team Title in 2009 and has continued to be a part of the sport through his position on the Athlete Advisory Committee with the United States Olympic Committee as well as his position on the USA Gymnastics Men's Program Committee. Dave leads Team Power Monkey which is comprised of elite athletes and coaches who help design new equipment, provide gymnastics education to the fitness world, and coach at Power Monkey's Bi-annual training Camp. Dave was a lead coach with the CrossFit Gymnastics L1 course from 2013-2015. He also wrote and developed the CrossFit Gymnastics Advanced Course. He lives in NYC with his wife Sadie and coaches at Solace New York.
Topics Discussed Include:
- Dave’s competitive athletic background and progression as a coach
- Differences between coaching general population vs. competitive gymnasts
- The value of gymnastics training for non-gymnasts
- Balancing adherence to standards and technique with
- Cultivating technique in a fatigued state
- Scaling gymnastics in school age children
- What gymnastics feats are attainable for the general population
- The mental side of elite athletics
- Altering technique late in an athlete’s career
Links of Interest:
Freebies and exclusive promos!
We won't share your info. Unsubscribe at any time.